Wednesday 1 February 2012

Jade Emperor Birthday

*A replacement post for last 2 days

It was the Jade Emperor birthday's prayer at the midnight of day 8th/9th of Chinese new year.

Generally this is the festival celebration of Chinese Hokkien only. It was a merrier night as a lot of people burned firecrackers from 12am until 1am around my residential area. Besides, I noticed that there were a lot of people released the "Kong Ming" lanterns up to the sky. At the same time, a lot of joss/paper money were burnt during the prayer ceremony.

Three of the activities above, we did one of them. Therefore the pace in my house was not as merrier as other houses. Besides there were only parents and me at home for the celebration. At that moment, I thought of having my own family to boost up the merrier pace. However, I don't think this is a wise choice because the short happiness may brings long painful life in the future. I will never get trapped again.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment