Thursday 30 August 2012

Minor Depression

*A replacement post for yesterday

I was a bit depressed yesterday. I browsed a lot of things from the internet during office hours. I thought of pursuing my study in psychology. Therefore I was looking for research areas in this expertise. I just had this idea popped up in my mind. Perhaps, I am still uncertain about the research area that I chose to study. Another reason could be my curiosity in looking for answer about my dilemma.

I found out that there is one direction of research under psychology which is the social psychology. I wanted to quote two of the interesting area that caught my attention from about.com. 

"Prejudice and Discrimination:
Prejudice, discrimination and stereotypes exist in any social group. Social psychologists are interested in the origins, causes and effects of these types of attitudes and social categorizations. How does prejudice develop? Why are stereotypes maintained in the face of contrary evidence? These are just a few of the questions social psychologists seek to answer.

Self and Social Identity:
Our perceptions of social identities and ourselves are another important research area in social psychology. How do people come to know and understand themselves? How do these self-perceptions affect our social interactions? Social psychologists are interested in learning more about how this inner life influences our outer lives and social world. Self-awareness, self-esteem and self-expression are just a few of the factors that influence our social experience."


I am finding answers on these for myself. Who am I? Why discriminate all around? What can I do? I was really stressed up and depressed. The feeling was just on and off.


No comments:

Post a Comment