Sunday 7 April 2013

Cemetery Prayer

*A replacement post for last Sunday

This is an annual event. It is Qing Ming - The grave clean up and ancestor prayer.

As usual, parents and I went to my uncles' house before departing to the cemetery. It was about 4.30am. I was blocked by the home guard at my uncles' housing area entrance. I was not prepared to give a reason and I told the guard I was going to have gathering with my relatives. Haha! Such a bad statement as it was 4.30am. It should be an assembly for prayer departure.

There were 2 graves to be attended. We cleaned up the graves and prayed. A lot of paper money were burnt. There were damages on one of the grave since a few years ago and parents suggested for repair. Unfortunately, it was postponed as the person in charge for grave tidying left very quickly after receiving the payment. The person might be the most suitable one who can assist to arrange for repairing.

Actually this grave repairing intention gave me pressure as I knew parents especially mum wanted to ensure ancestor "feng shui" to be maintained for their next generations' good. They eagerly wanted to see me to get married and have a bunch of children. Unfortunately I may disappointed them

Besides, my ear was having problem during grave clean up. It seemed like a bit stucked on the right ear. It was continued until the night time. Luckily it was recovered in the next day. Scared...... hopefully I did nothing wrong in the cemetery.

No comments:

Post a Comment