Monday 1 July 2013

Funeral 2 Jun

*A replacement post for 2 Jun 2013

I was not superstitious. However, something strange was happened early in the morning on the funeral day. There was one butterfly flying around the house. It happened in my grandmother's funeral previously and the butterfly was quite big by that time. It seemed like dad was transformed into a butterfly and said goodbye to all of us. Actually, I saw a small butterfly flying around and found dead on the first night of dad's death too. This was something extraordinary as the timing was so coincident.

Later, we had the typical funeral ceremony. Praying and paying last respect...... Walking around the casket...... Only giving speech was the special part of the ceremony. Dad's face seemed peaceful before the closure of casket if compared to the first day of death. Perhaps we kept on assuring him that we managed to take care on ourselves. It was pretty sad but we believed that dad was going to the heaven for a better destiny. 

After that we sent dad for cremated. It was quite simple if comparing to burial. A button was pushed by me and the casket was being conveyed for cremating.

After came back from the cemetery, we were busy in settling all the bills. Everything was happened so fast and in a sudden. It was just like a dream but it wasn't. It was real. I had to admit I lost dad forever. Dad, I am sorry that I disappointed you sometimes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment