Thursday 20 September 2012

UNIFI Installation

*A replacement post for last 2 days

The UNIFI installation was not done successfully as what I had expected previously.

In fact, the installer only used up about 3 hours to complete the installation without any problems on the cable TV, internet and telephone. Perhaps this was due to my selection for this standard installation. The installer only installed the fibre optic cable for me. They did not even need to installed the ethernet cable because I used the powerline adapter TL-PA211 Kit that can utilize the existing electrical cable as ethernet cable for data transmission. It cost me around RM150/pair.  

However, as what I have expected, the installer did not bring the telephone cable. Anyhow, I got my telephone cable installed after 2 days which following my previous plan after a series of calls to UNIFI support line. A kindly reminder here. Ensure you get all of your items during your UNIFI standard installation. Here is the list (for landed house):

1) Fibre Termination Box (FTB)
2) Broadband Termination Unit (BTU)
3) Residential Gateway (RG)
4) DECT Phone
5) Set-Top-Box (STB)
6) Fibre Wall Socket (FWS)
7) Welcome Pack/Unifi Service Guide
8) up to 15 metres internal fibre cable
9) up to 15 metres ethernet cable
10) up to 15 metres phone cable

No comments:

Post a Comment